London, United Kingdom
Mediatonic is an award winning independent games developer with studios in London and Brighton. We're passionate about creating original games that bring millions of people together.
We work across a range of different digital platforms, building connected experiences for clients such as Adultswim, Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, SEGA, Sony, Nintendo, EA, Pixar, Universal and Warner Brothers.
In addition to client work, we design and publish our own games including the award winning "Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess", "Whos That Flying?!","1,000 Tiny Claws" and our latest title for X-Box Live Arcade - "Foul Play"
This role is a challenging and dynamic one with many opportunities to expand and grow. While our company is expanding, were still small and nimble - so youll have the opportunity to make a big impact on the company as a whole.
Operating from our London HQ, Mediatonic Producers work with internal teams and coordinate external specialists, companies and agencies to create world-class games that are delivered on time, on budget and meet our quality standards.
Producers at Mediatonic are the glue that holds the games and the development teams together from beginning of production, through to end (and beyond!). They are the champion of the concept, the vision holder and the go to person for any and all aspects of the game development cycle. Most importantly, our Producers believe in their work and use their zeal and energy to enthuse others with their passion for our games.
Job responsibilities include:
- Proactively guide the creation of a game from conception to completion on a variety of gaming platforms, including: console, handheld, online, social, iOS/Android and Kindle.
- Writing clear specifications, RFPs and briefs to deliver to external and internal parties, clearly communicating responsibilities to all involved.
- Have a clear understanding of what makes a game fun, able to describe or suggest changes to improve games during production.
- Manage internal teams, bringing in and coordinating with external experts where necessary. You must be able to identify and communicate project risks.
- Creating realistic schedules so that all elements of the game come together when needed, on time and on budget. Be able to produce realistic milestones that serve our internal needs and the requirements of our clients.
- Arranging briefings in the Mediatonic studio, visiting external studios in the UK or overseas to meet the teams and oversee game progress.
- Checking builds as they come in, ensure all games meet Mediatonic standards before release, be able to describe bugs and problems clearly and concisely to all members of the team. Coordinate with the QA teams both internal and external.
- Working with team members to prepare status updates and deliver project reports for the Production Directors and Senior Executives.
- Presenting the game to a wide range of people, from members of the internal team, licensors and clients, though to members of the press and the Board of Directors.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a Producer role. Practical experience or qualifications in a variety of project management methodologies is advantageous.
- Have outstanding organizational skills and be able to manage multiple small or medium sized projects concurrently.
- Be dynamic and adaptable. You can quickly pick-up new skills and working practices, plus introduce Mediatonic to new methodologies.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for making and playing all types of video game.
- Be comfortable working closely with other people and managing creative teams in a close-knit studio environment.
- Have incredible communication skills and be able to clearly explain things to team members remotely and in the studio with accuracy, understanding and passion.
Mediatonic is focused on becoming one of the best developers in the world. We hire experts in every field related to games and like to take on the biggest technical challenges and projects we can get our hands on.
Our working environment and culture is hugely important to us at Mediatonic. Our office is based in the heart of central London, we have a relaxed, open working environment with a games room and fully stocked fridge.
We run a number of social events and activities during and outside of work time including:
- Monthly Game Jams: Teams come together and attempt to make a game in 3 hours with the help of lots of pizza and beer.
- Game nights: Board game nights where we try new weird and wonderful board games
- Work outings: Weekly pub trips after work in Soho. Sometimes we even go to Nandos.
- Company lunches: Regular lunch outings on the company in restaurants across London.
Candidates will be assessed primarily on the strength of their portfolio and previous work. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what youre passionate about is a huge plus, as is a strong CV.
Successful applications will usually receive a short written questionnaire and have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with several members of our team.